Innovative and adaptive water policy, planning, engineering, and quality solutions for public, private and P3 markets.
Policy, Planning & Public-Private Partnerships (P3s)
No matter the size of the project, Community-based public private partnerships (CBPs/P3s) are part of the larger infrastructural shift taking place in the US. The ability to attract sizeable sums of public and private finance, and leverage efficiency due to the scale of large-scale projects is gaining momentum.
ECT is a national leader in advising on market-based options including P3s. Our work has resulted in two of the three largest greening investments, as of 2022, across the nation. In both projects — aimed to successfully rebuild the water infrastructure with resiliency, equity, and the future in mind — ECT worked collaboratively and with intention. ECT is often the consistent driver between project stakeholders and regulatory entities and is experienced in successfully navigating the public-private partnership landscape.
Finally, ECT has worked for many federal, state, and local government clients on hundreds of policy and planning projects across the nation.
- Funding and financing of infrastructure
- Delivery frameworks such as CBPs/P3s
- Development of transactional frameworks
- Measures of success
- Equity considerations
- Stakeholder engagement
Water Resources Consulting
Our team of civil, environmental, and stormwater engineering professionals collaborate with scientists and geologists to deliver solutions to communities, government entities, and private clients.
- Watershed studies & stormwater master planning
- Water-use permitting & impact assessments
- Stormwater analyses, engineering & permitting
- Stormwater management designs & strategies
- Resiliency and gray infrastructure
- Drainage strategies, modeling & design
- Climate adaption support
- Water supply assessments
- Special use permitting
- Hydraulics, hydrologic & coastal modeling
- TMDL assessments & implementation
- Water quality monitoring
- Ecological modeling
Water Quantity, Quality & Compliance
ECT works with large, multi-faceted organizations to develop water resource compliance solutions. Our experience includes municipal and industrial National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits, biological assessments, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), TMDL compliance/implementation, and a full suite of compliance services under the Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 316 regulations. ECT also performs water resource assessments, monitoring, planning, and policy analysis for clients seeking effective solutions that are innovative, economically viable, and environmentally sustainable.
Types of water quality monitoring services:
- Dry and wet weather stormwater sampling
- Storm event monitoring
- In situ monitoring
- PFAS sampling
- Sediment assessments
- Assessments for physical, chemical and biological parameters
- Media: surface water, stormwater, groundwater, wastewater, drinking water
Sampling to support:
- TMDL development
- Watershed mgt plan
- Municipal and industrial NPDES permit compliance
- Dredging permits
- Lake assessments
- Safe drinking water act compliance
- Special studies
Equity & Environmental Justice
Far too many people lack consistent access to affordable and safe water, distrust their tap water even when it is safe, and experience sewage overflows, polluted riverfronts, and flooded streets. ECT works with clients to address structural issues in infrastructure siting, program implementation, staffing, and stakeholder engagement to bring long-term, sustainable, and equitable access to water services.
- Equity and environmental justice consulting
- Policy review and analysis
- Data analysis and visualization
- Rate study for water utilities
- Developing affordability plans
- Stakeholder engagement
- Facilitation of small and large group discussions
- Survey and Polls