Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc. (ECT), offers extensive compliance support and strategy development services among a client base that ranges from some of the nation’s largest manufacturers, electrical utilities and power companies to small local interests. With respect to air, waste, water and other areas of environmental and health and safety compliance, these include reporting, auditing, plan development, training, sampling and regulatory negotiations.
Areas of Expertise
- Multi-media regulatory compliance
- Environmental & Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- Environmental Asset & Compliance Management Systems
- Health & Safety performance & compliance assistance
- Environmental stewardship & community outreach
Multi-Media Regulatory Compliance
ECT assists a broad range of clients in meeting and maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and other compliance obligations. Compliance support encompasses all aspects of a facility’s regulatory burden, such as permitting, reporting, site inspections, inventories, training and auditing. ECT’s environmental compliance audits provide an independent evaluation of a client’s compliance status with respect to federal, state and local environmental regulations. Audits include a review of the applicability and status of compliance (whether by regulation, permit or other commitment), and they are followed by a written report and compliance assurance spreadsheet that details the findings and any recommended corrective actions.
Environmental, Health & Safety Management Systems
ECT provides robust, all-inclusive Environmental, Health & Safety Management Systems (EHSMS) services based on the ISO14001, ISO45001 and OHSAS18001 standards. These services include implementation of new systems, system auditing, maintenance of existing systems, training and certification support. ECT strives to develop effective systems that are streamlined and easy to manage. Compliance specialists offer extensive experience in setting goals for environmental health and safety improvement, developing policies and procedures, evaluating performance, developing corrective and preventative actions and performing management reviews.
Environmental Asset & Compliance Management System
ECT has developed an Environmental Asset & Compliance Management System (EACMS) to manage and access our client’s environmental data. This software is a multi-user, web-enabled database with mapping features. The system efficiently facilitates environmental management systems workflow and data management for both linear and stand-alone facilities. EACMS provides a wide range of base map and client-specific data, including site or equipment locations, natural features, infrastructure and aerial images and is customizable and scalable to fit each client’s needs. With a combination of desktop and mobile device platforms, EACMS provides the user with tools for efficient and consistent auditing, reporting, planning and permitting support.
Performance Assurance & Compliance Services
- EHSMS (ISO 14001, ISO 45001, OHSAS 18001)
- Regulatory compliance auditing
- Health & Safety compliance (audits, risk assessments, JSAs)
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) & oil spill contingency plans
- Storage tank compliance & testing (AST & UST)
- Waste management & reporting
- RCRA compliance & planning
- SARA Title III reporting (Tier II, Form A/R, TRI)
- Emergency response plans
- National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting & oversight
- Wastewater discharge management & reporting
- Stormwater management & reporting (SWPPP, industrial, municipal, construction, SESC)
- Air quality permitting and permit compliance
- Air emissions reporting & tracking
- EHS training program development & implementation
- OSHA-mandated written programs
- Integrated contingency plans
- Environmental Asset & Compliance Management System (EACMS)
Health & Safety
ECT staff provide complete solutions to assist clients in complying with complex health and safety (H&S) regulations. ECT evaluates worker exposure to physical, chemical and biological hazards in the workplace and develops ways to control or eliminate them. ECT assists clients in meeting federal and state occupational health and safety regulatory requirements. ECT’s support may include auditing, inspections, exposure monitoring, written plans, training development and implementation and overall management of a facility’s health and safety program. ECT’s team approach works with facility’s management to develop a site-specific program that meets the H&S compliance and management needs of the facility, and to provide a technical, individualized program.
Environmental Stewardship & Community Outreach
ECT excels at supporting clients in their environmental stewardship and community outreach initiatives and projects. As a result, ECT’s clients benefit from positive public perceptions and are routinely recognized by agencies, communities and organizations for their “beyond compliance” stewardship efforts.